THATCamp Canberra 2014 will be held at the National Library of Australia.
The Library is located on Parkes Place in the central Canberra suburb of Parkes in the Parliamentary Triangle. The Library website has more information on travel and parking.
If you intend to drive on Friday, be warned that you now have to pay for parking. Have a credit card at the ready ($12 for the day).
Food & drink
Rather than have you prod at trays of sandwiches in the hope of finding something that meets your dietary needs, we’ve decided in the true THATCamp make-do spirit to leave the catering to you. Here are a few possibilities:
- Bring a packed lunch and picnic by the lake.
- On Friday you can grab hot and cold food, including sandwiches, pides, sausage rolls and hot chips, from PaperPlate on the Library’s Lower Ground floor.
- On Friday and Saturday you can drop into Library’s cafe/restaurant BookPlate for sandwiches, salads and a range of daily specials.
- Slightly further afield, there’s the Mega Bites Cafe at Questacon, and the National Portrait Gallery cafe.
- For emergencies there are vending machines at the unconference venue supplying cold caffeinated beverages and a range of unhealthy snacks.
The Trove team will also endeavour to supply some unconference staples such as coffee, baked goods and party mix.